Mitchell Stevens presents on Education's Digital Future
US higher education is undergoing profound change. How Americans fund, govern, assess, and experience college all are in flux. The changes are particularly dramatic for broad-access colleges with open admissions that educate the vast majority of college students. Broad-access colleges do their work within a complex ecology of competitor schools and other educational firms, government funding programs, and myriad regulatory agencies. Our project is designed to help researchers, students, and policymakers understand, navigate, and shape this ecology productively.
Our work has five major components:
- identifying research priorities in broad-access higher education
- synthesizing research to inform policy
- convening critical dialogue on the digital future of higher education
- studying the role of broad-access schooling in regional economic development
- training new scholars and college leaders